Are you interested in becoming a Family Peer Support Worker?
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid New Mexico mailing address
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License
- High school diploma or GED
- Parent or primary caregiver of a child or youth who:
- has received a mental health or developmental disability diagnosis and/or a co-occurring mental health diagnosis, and
- has navigated child serving systems on behalf of their child. **Child serving systems include mental health services, special education, juvenile justice, or child protective services.
- Must have familiarity in one or more child-serving system.
Please review the Scope of Activities section in the Program Manual
If you meet these initial requirements, you can submit an application to be considered.
- SWRTC will review your application
- If you meet requirements, and are approved to move forward, FamiliesASAP will contact you to set up a phone interview
See the CFPSW Checklist for more information on the process to be certified.